a gym membership in Forest Lake. Eat clean and use a nutrition plan. Go to a different workout class. Lose weight.
We’ve all experienced it. It’s the new year, and we set particular resolutions. Then we abandon them in just a few weeks. Why does this occur?
1. Create Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a strict promise to do or not do something. As a consequence, they’re rigid and might be discouraging.
Goals are a target of your effort, an aim or a desired effect. They seem less dreadful—and more doable.
Suppose that you approach 2020 with the outlook of choosing attainable goals, rather than making unattainable resolutions? Reassessing how you think about things and being kinder to yourself is the first move toward development.
2. Create SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for 2020 may include:
- Professional—getting a bigger salary at work.
- Health—having a strength training workout.
- Personal—reading additional books.
Now that you’ve established your goals, how do you remain committed to achieving them?
SMART goals empower you to meet targets and acknowledge achievements during the process.
How Do You Write a SMART Goal?
SMART signifies specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They’re distinct but not overwhelming.
Individual SMART goals could be:
- Read for 20 minutes before sleeping each night this week.
- Have vegetables at all meals this week.
- Take a walk after dinner every day this week.
Creating SMART goals will prevent you from feeling overpowered by what you want to attain.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Friend
Be certain to reveal your goals to someone! Keeping an accountability partner can help you in staying with your goal during the process.
4. Claim Your Free Week at FXB Forest Lake
Set to finally reach your fitness goals this year?
Creating (and reaching) goals is merely one component of the healthy lifestyle we develop at Farrell's Forest Lake. Start a free week and discover how we can help you meet your goals.